A lands administrative division within the County of Roxburgh. It appears that the current spelling of the parish is incorrect as the earlier references show it spelt as Bandanora. The Sydney Gazette, 5th January 1832, p. 1 records land sale, 640 acres at Bandanora, about fifteen miles from Cullen Bullen. The property, Bandanora, is shown on the map NSW, The Surveys of the Australian Agricultural Company, 1833. A written history by William Corlis who lived at the property Bandanora from 1851 recalls the station was always called Bandanora, but he did not know the origin or meaning of the word. Ref: Jefferys, Bruce. The Story of Capertee, 1982, pp. 16-17.