Is a suburb 7.5km south, south east of Cullen Bullen and 3km north, north west of Lidsdale. Boundaries are within the Lithgow Council area. The Castlereagh Highway passes through it. The name Blackmans Flat is shown on Survey Plan 13.1507, dated 1853. Blackmans Flat was the site of Diggers Arms Inn, and the road in this area had a government toll gate. James Blackman (c1792-1868) married Mary John in 1815. He was the principal overseer of Government Stock. Ref: The Sydney Gazette, 30th April 1814, p. 2. This same newspaper on 5th July 1822, p. 1, recorded the Governor appointing him as Constable in the Town of Parramatta. Between the years 1819 and 1821, he was the Superintendent of Convicts at Bathurst. In c1821, he marked out a road from Bathurst to Wallerawang. Together with William Lawson and an Aboriginal named Aaron, in 1822, they explored a route from Bathurst to within the Rylstone area. Ref: Gresser, P J. The Aborigines of the Bathurst District from AIATSIS Library MS21/3/b, pp. 4-5. Australian Dictionary of Biography. Blackmans Crown shown on the Survey Plan by Robert Dixon, September 1830. Surveyor General select list of Maps and Plans, 2517.